Polyurethane Roller Recovery, Repair, and Replacement
Meridian Laboratory not only supplies new rollers but also repairs, recoats, and recovers existing rollers that no longer perform or meet specifications as needed. This service is available for all rollers, not just those manufactured by Meridian Laboratory. Choosing polyurethane ML6 to replace your rubber, silicone, nitrile, or foam rollers will result in increased friction, high durability, and extremely tight tolerances.
Upon receipt of rollers, shafts, and other parts for refurbishment, Meridian Laboratory will analyze the parts as follows:
- Measure existing coating for dimensions or obtain desired measurement and sizes.
- Measure durometer of existing coatings or obtain desired durometer.
- Confirm with customer desired dimensions, colors, and durometers.
- Measure cores, shafts, and other parts for tolerances.
- Repair or replace any cores that are out of tolerance.
- Bond new Meridian Laboratory polyurethane ML6 to specifications.
- Measure and ensure recovered tolerances match desired specifications.
If desired, Meridian Laboratory’s team will also make recommendation on changes to rollers, shafts, and other parts that need recovering. Whether the desired outcome is cost reduction, increased longevity, or higher friction the Meridian Laboratory’s team can assist you in achieving your goals. Custom sizes and profiles are available very affordably, with turnaround times in as little as 5 days.
Click to discover more information on each of these incredible benefits
- Extreme bond strength between ML6® polyurethane and core
- Reduced cost refurbishing cores
- Quick turnaround times
- Ability to customize OEM product
- Polyurethane ML6 high friction outperforms traditional ground polyurethanes, rubbers, and other friction materials
- Increased longevity of polyurethane ML6
- Available in variety of colors and durometers
- Glue rollers
- Nip rollers
- Contact rollers
- Pinch rollers
- Slitter rollers
- Conveyor systems
Custom colors available on request
|Hardness (+/- 5)||40A||55A||70A||80A||90A||60D|
|Ultimate Elongation (%)||640||540||540||640||500||600|
|Ultimate Tensile (PSI)||3200||5300||5600||6900||6200||6400|
|Tear Strength, pli Die "C"||150||244||332||421||568||620|
|Compression Modulus (Young's Modulus)||380||830||1660||1990||6460||16200|
|Compression Set (% |
22 Hrs. @ 158ºF)
|Bashore Rebound (%)||50||41||37||31||35||52|
|Abrasion Loss, mm||200||224||159||94||101||115|
For more information, contact Meridian Laboratory