High-Friction Polyurethane Clamps & Grippers
Meridian Laboratory offers long-lasting ML6® polyurethane for robotic gripper fingers, gripper jaws, non-marking work-holdings, gripper chucks, and clamps. ML6 typically replaces any conventional fixture that grasps or holds delicate parts & components without marking or deforming the product. Our special blend of polyurethane meets your most demanding requirements.
Meridian Laboratory solutions will improve friction and meet all non-marking / no rejection specifications (As demonstrated in a case where ML6 delivered perfect grip for robotic fingers).
ML6® Bonding Strength and Longevity
Material will not Separate, Chip, Break, or Crumble
Meridian Laboratory ML6 precision polyurethane is cast/bonded right to the base material (not rubber pieces glued on, like other manufacturers). Base materials and properties range from all grades of steel, stainless steel, aluminum, brass, copper, ceramics, plastics, and a wide variety of other exotic metals and polymers.
Our process, perfected over 55 years of real world experience, guarantees an extremely strong bond between the ML6® material and any work-holding, jaw, jig, fixture, chuck, or robotic finger. In fact, the bond is so strong the polyurethane material would tear before the bond separates or breaks. This is especially important in high-friction and high-precision applications. Through Meridian Laboratory’s unique and exclusive manufacturing process, we are able to coat very select and intricate profiles / contours to match any product.
- Surface bond between polyurethane ML6 and a core is stronger than ML6 material itself
- Outlasts conventional over-molded rubbers, urethanes, nitriles, and other materials
- Ability to precisely coat very intricate portions of parts to specification
We specialize in both low and high volume orders
Meridian Laboratory has helped generations of engineers, designers, maintenance technicians, and innovators around the world bring their designs to life. In the past, custom precision polyurethane was an expensive and lengthy process, but that’s no longer the case. Our unique and versatile prototype and production process can deliver parts in volumes as low as one piece, in as little as 5 business days.
Typically, our customers come to us to develop a single tested and working prototype, and want to put that part into standard production once proof of concept is shown. Once we have standardized any part, it can be repeated an infinite number of times, with cost effective and repeatable results. We manufacture and produce on a daily basis, and can deliver high volume production runs in batch deliveries to meet your needs and usage patterns.
- Prototypes available in as little as 5 business days
- Tolerances of 0.001” or better in both diameter and runout
- Single prototypes to high-volume production, in an efficient and cost effective way
Check out our durometer options below, our engineers can help find the best option to suit your different applications (hard/durable to soft/forgiving).
- Extreme bond strength between ML6® polyurethane and stock
- Non-marking, durable polyurethane coating
- Reduced wear and increased longevity of contact surfaces
- Available in variety of colors and durometers
- Polyurethane coated vice jaws for sensitive materials
- Polyurethane work holdings
- Robotic gripper fingers
- Industrial clamps & gripper chucks